Bruce Davies singer Guitarist has been a full time professional musician and entertainer since 1984, making close to 200 appearances annually, mainly in Scotland but has also performed in England, Wales, Germany, Nigeria, Jamaica and made 25 tours in the USA.
He is equally at home in a formal setting or more intimate atmosphere, thanks to his respect for his audience and ability to be informal while retaining the discipline of a seasoned theatre act. Depending on the situation, he can work unamplified or with a state of the art P.A. system, perfectly matched for the job. He dresses to suit the occasion: – smart trousers and stage shirt, highland dress (formal or casual) or in casual jeans etc.
His rich, deep voice, and his six and twelve string guitar playing, has received much critical acclaim, as has his ability to “Address the Haggis” and his “accessible, but unique” style His choice of material has a great variety of sources – the great standards of many genres plus engaging performances of Scottish Folk Music.
In America, he has often been described as a “Scottish John Denver”! Bruce is a former winner of the highly prestigious Edinburgh Songwriting Competition.
Tourists very often have preconceptions about Scotland, which owe more to Brigadoon and Harry Lauder than reality. Without destroying fondly held images, Bruce shows that Scotland is so much more than could ever be imagined. He does this with pride that lacks jingoism and over-sentimentality.
He has six albums currently available. And is no stranger to T.V., having appeared in his own 30 minute “specials” in California and Washington D.C., featured on “Scotch & Irish” in 4 ITV regions and nation-wide on BBC Songs of Praise. He is a former Radio Tay presenter.
His regular current work includes …
- Weekly for Shearings Hotels, performing a wide variety of music for Coach Trip guests from all over the UK. (Eight years, so far)
- Family shows at the Crief fHydro Hotel (seventeen years, so far).
- Corporate events for some of the world’s top businesses.
- Theatre shows including Radio Clyde’s Festival of Scottish Music and Sounds of Scotland, Fiddlers’ Rallies and various other shows in the Adam Smith Theatre, Kirkcaldy; King’s Theatre, Glasgow; Gaiety Theatre, Ayr; Caird Hall, Dundee; Perth Theatre; Usher Hall, Edinburgh and many other Theatres, Town Halls and Village Halls throughout Scotland, working with a long list of Scotland’s great musical acts including: – Kenneth McKellar, Andy Stewart, Jimmy Shand, Alexander Brothers, Tartan Lads, Valerie Dunbar, Moira Kerr, Isla St. Clair & Alistair MacDonald and many more …
- Golf Clubs
- Bowling Clubs
- Four years residency in the Dormy House at Gleneagles Hotel.
- Scottish Nights at Hilton Craigendarroch Hotel (twelve years) & Kilconquhar Castle Estate & Country Club (three years).
… and abroad
- Concerts in top US Venues e.g. United Nations (two solo concerts), New York; Wolf trap, Vienna, VA; Freight & Salvage, Berkeley, CA; Bluebird Cafe (Songwriters In The Round), Nashville, TN etc.
- The Renaissance Grande Hotel, Ocho Rios, Jamaica.
- Festivals and Trade Fairs in Germany
- Burns Suppers (songs, Address to the Haggis and “Immortal Memory”) in Nigeria, Jamaica and the USA.
Bruce Davies Music Samples
Auld Lang Syne
Scots Wha Hae