Bobby Wishart is one of the greatest jazz musicians in the UK.
His band is a byword for quality and one of the finest combos performing today. When you consider the people that Bobby has worked with you begin to realise why he has such a big reputation in the world of music.
Over the years Bobby regularly performs and broadcasts with his own groups which feature the very best of the young, as well as the more established Scottish players including…
- Carol Kidd, Voted UK No 1 Jazz Vocalist
- David Newton, Voted UK No 1 Jazz Pianist
- Sandro Ciancio, percussionist – the Scottish National Jazz Orchestra and a member of Hue&Cry.
- Robert Henderson BAFTA nominated Composer Arranger Trumpeter
- Gino Ciancio No 1 Maltese Jazz & Fusion Pianist, Arranger/ Composer
- Grant Mitchell, Pianist Arranger Producer with Lisa Stanfield
- Ewan Vernal – Deacon Blue & Capercaillie
- Graeme Duffin Guitarist Wet Wet Wet.
Bobby has also performed with Ronnie Scott, Annie Ross, Salena Jones, Kiki Dee, Maggie Bell, Stevie Winwood, John Barry (Composer of Film Scores) Memphis Slim and Marion Montgomery to name just a few. He plays on the Soundtracks for “Chewin The Fat”, “Offside”- Tam Cowan, and the Karen Dunbar series as well as an appearance on BBC TOTP’s with the Graham Lyle Band Other credits include Lecturer in Jazz and All Music Course Jordanhill College, Founder/ Lecturer in Jazz Improvisation and Jazz Saxophone RSAM, Founder and Musical Director National Jazz Institute, Founder Member and Artistic Director, European Youth Jazz Festival and Member of Music Committee Scottish Arts Council. Freelance Performer Arranger/ Composer for Cinema, Radio, Television and recordings with Lynn Redgrave, Les Dawson, Billy Connolly, Robbie Coltrane, Emma Thompson, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Alexander Gibson and Ken Loach.
Bobby Wishart Music Samples
I’ve Grown Accustomed to Her Face